October 22, 2017
2Corinthians 9:6-7 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
The Lord uses the Apostle Paul to tell us here in these verses, that He has a special place in His heart for those who are cheerful givers or you might say those who find sincere joy in giving.
It seems clear that He is referring specifically to the attitude which we have in giving our tithes and offering. I am certain that being a “cheerful giver,” is the desire of every true believer.
God’s Word reminds each of us how we can consistently experience the joy of giving.
1. We can know the joy of giving when we remember the unspeakable gift of the grace of God!
2Corinthians 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
1Peter 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
2. We can know the joy of giving when we remember the uncomprehendable gift of justification through Christ Jesus
Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
3. We can know the joy of giving when we remember the unattainable gift of Christ’s righteousness given to unworthy sinners.
Romans 5:17 For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
4. We can know the joy of giving when we remember the unchangeable gifts of His calling!
Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
5. And we can know the joy of giving when we remember the unconquerable gift of the Holy Ghost of God who has given us the unlimited gift of the power of God Almighty within us!
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,